Trade marks: Tips and Traps
10 minute watch
A registered trade mark is essential to protect your brand and/or products in an increasingly competitive marketplace, particularly now that a lot more business will be done online post Covid 19.
Key questions covered during the interview:
- What is a trade mark?
- How does it differ from a company or business name and why is that relevant.
- Do I just need a trade mark for my brand. What about my products?
- What are some tips for developing a strong trade mark?
- Very briefly, what’s the application process and any tips and traps about that?
- What’s the difference between TM and ®
- Finally, any other tips and traps?
Harvey is the principal of Bowlt Commercial Lawyers and an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Law. He specialises in proactively helping businesses manage legal risk and has expertise in a number of commercial law areas, but a significant area of his practice involves advising and registering trade marks for clients.
About Better Business for Good TV
By small business owners, for small business owners.
All of our guests are small business owners themselves. They are also experts in their field and share our mission of helping small businesses build better businesses and contribute to a better world.
Every episode includes:
- On each episode our guest shares their knowledge, insights and ideas around a business topic, issue or challenge relevant to small business owners.
- Each panelist also shares a useful downloadable template or checklist that you can use to implement what was covered during their segment.
16 minute watch Predictions are that up to 25% of small business will in financial trouble next year when government subsidies run out. A small team of finance professionals from within the Better Business for Good Community have been working on a solution SOLVENCY...
12 minute watch Do you know what poor systems and processes are costing your business? In this episode of BB4G TV Systems Process Architect Kerry Anne Nelson from Operation Verve talks about about filing systems OVERVIEW The average worker spends at least 50 minutes a...
12 minute watch As we start to return to work post COVID, there is a third option between a traditional long term office lease and a home office: Coworking spaces. On this episode of BB4G TV Joanna Baker from 4KitsonCo discusses the phenomenal growth of 'on demand'...