Trade marks: Tips and Traps
10 minute watch
A registered trade mark is essential to protect your brand and/or products in an increasingly competitive marketplace, particularly now that a lot more business will be done online post Covid 19.
Key questions covered during the interview:
- What is a trade mark?
- How does it differ from a company or business name and why is that relevant.
- Do I just need a trade mark for my brand. What about my products?
- What are some tips for developing a strong trade mark?
- Very briefly, what’s the application process and any tips and traps about that?
- What’s the difference between TM and ®
- Finally, any other tips and traps?
Harvey is the principal of Bowlt Commercial Lawyers and an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Law. He specialises in proactively helping businesses manage legal risk and has expertise in a number of commercial law areas, but a significant area of his practice involves advising and registering trade marks for clients.
About Better Business for Good TV
By small business owners, for small business owners.
All of our guests are small business owners themselves. They are also experts in their field and share our mission of helping small businesses build better businesses and contribute to a better world.
Every episode includes:
- On each episode our guest shares their knowledge, insights and ideas around a business topic, issue or challenge relevant to small business owners.
- Each panelist also shares a useful downloadable template or checklist that you can use to implement what was covered during their segment.
12 minute watch As we start to return to work post COVID, there is a third option between a traditional long term office lease and a home office: Coworking spaces. On this episode of BB4G TV Joanna Kitson from 4KitsonCo discusses the phenomenal growth of 'on demand'...
11 minute watch When's the last time you took a backup of your business data? How confident are you that your last backup was successful? Fil Strati from Tech Seek says few of the business owners they come across can say with complete confidence whether their last...
21 minute watch There has been lots of talk particularly in Melbourne with the lockdown about the impact on mental health and the looming fallout from the impact of COVID 19. If there was ever a time for our business leaders to install SELF SUSTAINABILITY practices...