How to attract and retain new employees in an Employee Strong market
Now more than ever, new employees are demanding and expecting more from their new employers. Candidates have choices between good employers and great employers. How do you attract them to your company?
What offerings and processes do employers need to offer and demonstrate to new candidates for their business? Is it just about remuneration?
What is the importance of:
- Competent hiring and HR Processes?
- Good and welcoming pre and post job offer?
- Clear and comprehensive onboarding and Day1 training?
- Employee profile survey and feedback on Day 1
- Ongoing employee personal, professional and ‘on the job’ skills training.
- The overall importance of company culture to a new candidate?
We talked about:
- The changing employment market, but what is really happening out there?
- Why it is important for small businesses to understand what is happening in the market and what can they do to be competitive?
- How does this change the way small businesses recruit and introduce new staff to their business?
- Why is this so important for businesses to have a structured onboarding program?
11 minute watch.
You can watch the full recording and download the checklist for this and ALL our Stop the Noise Webinars in the Better Business for Good Company Business Knowledge Bank Facebook Group.
It’s free to join. click the link below
Meet the Panelists
Employee Onboarding Specialist
Noirin Mosley: Educate to Elevate
Noirin Mosley hails from Dublin Ireland and has made her way to Melbourne via Bangkok, Papua New Guinea and Sydney. She has previously worked in the Insurance, Disability, online Wall Art sectors and currently works in the Employee Online onboarding space at Educate to Elevate, specialising in Day 1 training programs. She started a slot car racing, entertainment venue called Race Party back in 2015 and despite it having a hiatus during Covid, is hopeful that it will have a rebirth soon again. She’s also an Optimist and likes to spread Optimism through her not for profit ‘Project Optimism’. https://www.projectoptimism.com.au
Leader of the BB4G Strategic Partner Network People & Culture Expert Panel.
Catie Paterson: Catie Paterson HR Business Consulting
Catie Paterson specialises in delivering focused HR solutions with a personal touch. A true HR specialist, Catie’s strength is in successfully managing stakeholders at all levels whilst delivering invaluable tools, strategies and results throughout all areas of a business. She is passionate about human connection, and combines years of industry experience with a dedication to getting the job done. Inherently down to earth and offering services that are all-encompassing.
About the Stop the Noise Webinar Series
Each week Expert Panel members of the BB4G Business Advisors Alliance conduct a webinar on HOW TO RESOLVE a business challenge or issue that they see small business owners struggling with.
Each webinar consists of THREE parts:
- An introduction to the topic , who it impacts and why it matters
- A step by step HOW TO guide that you can implement right away to resolve the issue or challenge in your business
- An open Q & A segment for everyone who attends the webinar in person (Numbers of attendees are limited so everyone can participate)
All registered guests receive access to the recording of the webinar and downloadable HOW TO Guide.
Join the BB4G Knowledge Bank Facebook Group to be notified of new webinars when they are released.