Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to complete the full BIPlan System Health Check?
There are 39 Checklists in total.
Most of them take less than 2 minutes to complete.
To complete the full business assessment all in one sitting takes between 40 minutes and an hour depending on whether or not you have staff (there are 8 human resource checklists)
But you don’t have to do them all at once.
Here are four different approaches you can take to completing your business assessment.
- All in one go
- One Key Result Area at a time
- One level at a time
- Once checklist at a time
Here are some tips for completing your business assessment
- Don’t think for too long about any of the items – if you have to think about whether or not it is true for you business then it probably still needs some work.
- If you don’t know what an item means then it almost certainly means that you aren’t doing it.
- There are detailed guides provided at the top of each checklist in the module section. Once you have completed the initial assessment you can go back and review the guides to help you implement the items in each checklist.
How was the BIPlan System developed?
Watch this short video where BIPlan System co-founder Brenda Thomson explains.
How was the BIPlan System tested and proven to be directly linked to profitability?
Our initial testing with 100 small business owners show a significant relationship between how many items on the BIPlan System you have completed and how likely your business is to be profitable.
Of the 100 businesses we tested:
- Everyone scoring less than 30% on the BIPlan System was losing money
- All those scoring 50% or more were at least breaking even
- Everyone scoring 80% or more was profitable.
Who can use the BIPlan System?
The BIPlan System works for any business no matter how large or small, or where you are in your business journey.
- Start-ups businesses can use the system to create a success plan right from the start
- Growing businesses can use it to improve their systems and processes – increasing profits, freeing up your precious time and minimising risks.
- Mature businesses can use it to make sure they have crossed all their Ts and dotted their Is to succeed in a highly competitive market or in preparation for expansion or sale.
How do I know the BIPlan System is relevant to MY business?
The checklists in the BIPlan System were developed by a team of small business specialists.
Their mandate was to identify all of the business practices relevant to ALL businesses that are necessary for a business to be successful.
Our checklists are based around business foundations and cover things that apply to all businesses:
- Planning, governance and risk management
- Customers: branding, marketing, sales and customer relationships
- Business Operations
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
Where a checklist only applies to some businesses you can include or exclude them based on your business. These include:
- Human resources
- Stock control
- Debtor management
- Project management – manufacturing/construction etc
Can you help with implementing improvements to my business?
The BIPlan System includes an extensive library of Checklist Guides and Resource material which we are adding to and updating on a regular basis.
Plus you’ll have access to a support team of experienced business specialists.
You can participate in weekly Q & A Sessions with business specialists to get help with specific checklists or submit your questions on on Business Support Helpline to receive help from one of our business specialists.
How much does it cost to use the BIPlan System?
You can use the BIPlan System in your business for just $365 for a 12 month subscription.
What's included in a BIPlan System subscription?
Your BIPlan System subscription includes full access to all aspects of the system.
You can use the System to:
- identify gaps in your business practices across all aspects of your business
- create a prioritised business improvement plan based on your goals and business objectives
- review and update your plan at any time.
- You can also download your plan at any time.
BIPlan System users are also able to:
- List your business in our services directory.
- Access our library of guides, templates and other resources developed to help you build a better business
- Participate in weekly Checklist Chats. Online meetings over Zoom where a checklist specialist answers questions and provided hints and tips on how to improve your business practices against a specific checklist.
- Participate in monthly accountability and planning sessions to help you implement your business improvement plan.
- You can also receive a monthly email reminding you of your business improvement priorities for the month.
BIPlan System users are also able to take advantage of a complimentary prioritisation session to help you prioritise you business improvement activities and get the best possible value from the BIPlan System.
Businesses with multiple team members can add additional users at no extra charge.
Can I cancel my subscription at any time?
ABSOLUTELY! (Although we’d be sad to see you go)
You can cancel your subscription at any time.
Unfortunately we cannot provide refunds under any circumstances. If you cancel before the end of your subscription period you will continue to be able to use your account until the end of your current subscription period.
How can you donate all your profits?
We’re a social enterprise – here’s how it works.
- A social enterprise operates like any for profit business, paying wages and investing in all the things necessary to create great products and stay competitive.
- The main difference to other for-profit companies, is that we donate 100% of our profits to our Impact Partners .
- We believe in total transparency and we’ll make our financials available on the website each year so you can see exactly how our funds are being spent.
- PLUS we’ll provide you with impact updates when they’re available so you can find out more about the work of our partners and the difference you’re helping to make in breaking down systemic inequality and lifting people out of extreme poverty.
Where do the profits go?
Our constitution requires that all profits are donated to approved not for profit organisations who help people living in extreme poverty to start their own businesses.
The selection of impact partners who will generate the greatest impact for our donations is decided annually by our board.
At the time of writing our Impact Partner is Just Peoples.
Just Peoples is a global community of people who have two things in common; a passion to eliminate global poverty, and the drive to do something about it. Some of our people have the knowledge and ideas to make a real impact on their communities, while others have access to resources.
Working with Just Peoples enables us to make informed decisions about the best way to allocate our profits.