Better Business for Good TV
Episode 5: What you need to know about Cyber Insurance, Getting a TV interview for FREE and Claiming R&D Grants
This week on Better Business for Good TV
Tim Allan from Insurance AdvisorNet about Cyber Insurance explained
- What is Cyber Crime
- What can Cyber Insurance cover for SMB’s
- And are all Cyber Insurance policies the same
Jules Brooke from Handle Your Own PR talked about how to get a TV interview for free including
- The benefits of getting on TV and why it's such a great opportunity RIGHT NOW!
- How to contact a show to request an interview
- What you need to do to prepare
And Scott Amberley from Granted R & D shared
- What R & D grants are… and what they are not
- What are the eligibility criteria and in particular what kinds of business activities are eligible
- What records you have to keep and more
It does not matter what size your business is. Cyber criminals will target anyone they feel they can profit from or cause disruption to. In most cases the smaller the business the greater the chance that proper Cyber security is not installed or current and these are seen as easy targets. If you rely upon IT infrastructure and or internet to make your business tick, you can not afford to dismiss Cyber insurance protection.
Tim is an experienced insurance professional willing to share his 40+ years of industry knowledge.
Jules Brooke is the founder of Handle Your Own PR, a DIY PR service for business owners, and has been teaching people how to get media coverage for their business for over 10 years.
Most business owners have no idea that the way they’ve tackled a problem constitutes research and development, and that they can claim offsets from the government to pay for that business activity.
I’ll review your practices to uncover what you take for granted as business as usual. Then I’ll find you government money for it, step you through the AusIndustry process to access the funding, and celebrate your success as you amp your business up a notch or two.
About Better Business for Good TV
By small business owners, for small business owners.
All of our guests are small business owners themselves. They are also experts in their field and share our mission of helping small businesses build better businesses and contribute to a better world.
Every episode includes:
- On each episode our guest shares their knowledge, insights and ideas around a business topic, issue or challenge relevant to small business owners.
- Each panelist also shares a useful downloadable template or checklist that you can use to implement what was covered during their segment.
16 minute watch Predictions are that up to 25% of small business will in financial trouble next year when government subsidies run out. A small team of finance professionals from within the Better Business for Good Community have been working on a solution SOLVENCY...
12 minute watch Do you know what poor systems and processes are costing your business? In this episode of BB4G TV Systems Process Architect Kerry Anne Nelson from Operation Verve talks about about filing systems OVERVIEW The average worker spends at least 50 minutes a...
12 minute watch As we start to return to work post COVID, there is a third option between a traditional long term office lease and a home office: Coworking spaces. On this episode of BB4G TV Joanna Baker from 4KitsonCo discusses the phenomenal growth of 'on demand'...