Better Business for Good TV
Episode 12: Writing Winning Tenders, Leading Successful Sales Teams and Debt Collection in a COVID-19 Environment
In this episode of Better Business for Good TV host Brenda Thomson talks with:
- Kristine Daw from Dawtek about Writing Winning Tenders for Small Businesses. Where to begin if you've never applied for tenders before, whether it matters if you're a small business, where to find tenders to apply for, and of course - how to make your tender stand out from the crowd.
- Frances Pratt from Metisan. Frances helps small business owners with their own sales processes and also with successfully employing sales people and that’s what we talked about today. You’ll learn the biggest mistakes that businesses make with respect to leading sales people and more importantly what information, structures, metrics and processes to put in place to successfully employ sales people in your business.
- Jeanine Purdie from Business Credit Solutions. Jeanine recaps on some of the legislation surrounding debtor management during the Covid 19 crisis and, what Covid 19 has meant for her industry AND she shares her tips on what small businesses can do to minimize the risks and impacts of bad debts both in the current situation and in more normal times
Join the Better Business Builder's Community
Better Business - Bigger Impact - Together!
Join a Community of Australian small business owners who have come together to help one another build better businesses and create a bigger impact.
Use our unique BIPlan® Business Improvement and Planning System to create a strategic business improvement plan.
Be part of a like minded community of business owners sharing advice, support and wisdom to create better businesses together in the challenging world we live in.
All while giving back to others and contributing to a better world!
About the Panelists
Hi, I'm Kristine Daw a Melbourne-based tender writer and trainer. My business Dawtek has been operating for nearly 20 years and during that time, I have written over 80 tender per year, with a 75% shortlisting success rate.
As a small business I understand all the difficulties you face and I have tailored my products and services to meet the needs of small businesses, from tender writing to templates, training and Australia's first ever complete online course.
For me, it’s all about providing support for small businesses and not for profit organisations and helping them achieve success.
Selling has been part of my life for over 23 years and in every industry and small or large businesses, I have been successful. I love sales. I also know to many, “sales” is a dirty word because it’s been disconnected from the relationships you have with your customers.
I created Metisan to bridge that gap, to demystify the sales process and sales people so that anyone can improve their sales performance.
If you’ve ever thought that good sales figures are the result of some secret sales magic, I can start showing you otherwise.
Jeanine Purdie is the founder and principal of Business Credit Solutions which was formed to assist clients to get paid faster by reviewing their credit management processes and potential new client risk and to assist with debtor management and/or collection if required.
About Better Business for Good TV
By small business owners, for small business owners.
All of our guests are small business owners themselves. They are also experts in their field and share our mission of helping small businesses build better businesses and contribute to a better world.
Every episode includes:
- On each episode our guest shares their knowledge, insights and ideas around a business topic, issue or challenge relevant to small business owners.
- Each panelist also shares a useful downloadable template or checklist that you can use to implement what was covered during their segment.
16 minute watch Predictions are that up to 25% of small business will in financial trouble next year when government subsidies run out. A small team of finance professionals from within the Better Business for Good Community have been working on a solution SOLVENCY...
12 minute watch Do you know what poor systems and processes are costing your business? In this episode of BB4G TV Systems Process Architect Kerry Anne Nelson from Operation Verve talks about about filing systems OVERVIEW The average worker spends at least 50 minutes a...
12 minute watch As we start to return to work post COVID, there is a third option between a traditional long term office lease and a home office: Coworking spaces. On this episode of BB4G TV Joanna Baker from 4KitsonCo discusses the phenomenal growth of 'on demand'...