Better Business for Good TV
Episode 12: Writing Winning Tenders, Leading Successful Sales Teams and Debt Collection in a COVID-19 Environment
In this episode of Better Business for Good TV host Brenda Thomson talks with:
- Kristine Daw from Dawtek about Writing Winning Tenders for Small Businesses. Where to begin if you've never applied for tenders before, whether it matters if you're a small business, where to find tenders to apply for, and of course - how to make your tender stand out from the crowd.
- Frances Pratt from Metisan. Frances helps small business owners with their own sales processes and also with successfully employing sales people and that’s what we talked about today. You’ll learn the biggest mistakes that businesses make with respect to leading sales people and more importantly what information, structures, metrics and processes to put in place to successfully employ sales people in your business.
- Jeanine Purdie from Business Credit Solutions. Jeanine recaps on some of the legislation surrounding debtor management during the Covid 19 crisis and, what Covid 19 has meant for her industry AND she shares her tips on what small businesses can do to minimize the risks and impacts of bad debts both in the current situation and in more normal times
Join the Better Business for Good Community
All of our resources are held in the Better Business for Good Community Resource Library
It's FREE to join.
Sign up once and get free access for ever.
Already a member? Login Here
About the Panelists
Hi, I'm Kristine Daw a Melbourne-based tender writer and trainer. My business Dawtek has been operating for nearly 20 years and during that time, I have written over 80 tender per year, with a 75% shortlisting success rate.
As a small business I understand all the difficulties you face and I have tailored my products and services to meet the needs of small businesses, from tender writing to templates, training and Australia's first ever complete online course.
For me, it’s all about providing support for small businesses and not for profit organisations and helping them achieve success.
Selling has been part of my life for over 23 years and in every industry and small or large businesses, I have been successful. I love sales. I also know to many, “sales” is a dirty word because it’s been disconnected from the relationships you have with your customers.
I created Metisan to bridge that gap, to demystify the sales process and sales people so that anyone can improve their sales performance.
If you’ve ever thought that good sales figures are the result of some secret sales magic, I can start showing you otherwise.
Jeanine Purdie is the founder and principal of Business Credit Solutions which was formed to assist clients to get paid faster by reviewing their credit management processes and potential new client risk and to assist with debtor management and/or collection if required.
About Better Business for Good TV
By small business owners, for small business owners.
All of our panelists are small business owners themselves. They are also experts in their field and share our mission of helping small businesses build better businesses and contribute to a better world.
Every episode includes:
- Our three panelists share their different perspectives, knowledge, insights and ideas around a business issue or challenge relevant to small business owners.
- Each panelist also shares a useful downloadable template or checklist that you can use to implement what was covered during their segment.
Make sure you don't miss out a single episode
9 minute watch As of today Monday 14th Sept it’s a requirement for all businesses operating in Victoria to have a COVID Safe Plan in place In this special episode of BB4G TV Workplace Safety expert Cameron Walker from Walker Safety Services explains: your legal...
Better Business for Good TVEpisode 11: Under the Bonnet of Shift PaymentsOn this episode of Better Business for Good TV host Brenda Thomson talks with Paul Nayda from Get Capital about new finance product Shift Payments The goal of Shift Payments is to change the...
Better Business for Good TVEpisode 10: Company Culture - the WHAT, the WHY, the HOWOn this episode of Better Business for Good TV host Brenda Thomson talks with: Brand strategist Peter Engelhardt HR specialist Catie Paterson Cultural Change expert Zac Zawalski and...