Business Best Practice Customer Service
According to a recent study, customer experience has overtaken price and product as key brand differentiators.
If you deliver poor service, even if you charge low prices you will lose customers. If you deliver better than average customer service you will not only retain customers for longer, but will be able to charge more.
Best Practice Customer Service involves meeting your customers wherever they are, treating them with genuine care and respect, and building exceptional customer service standards into every engagement with every customer without exception.
Best practice companies build strong customer service principles into their company culture and ensure that they are consistently applied by every employee, every day that they’re on the job.
Watch the video to discover the 7 key elements identified by leading Australian small business specialists that underpin best practice customer service in every business.
Business Best Practice Customer Service: The Checklist
- We have clearly documented customer service policies and processes across all aspects of our business.
- Our approach to customer service reflects our core values
- Our commitment to our Brand Promise forms a key part of our Customer Service Policies and processes.
- Our customer service policies and practices reflect our Brand Identity and match the expectations of our ideal clients.
- We include customer service performance indicators into the job description of every staff member, not only direct customer facing staff.
- Our customer service policy is included in our induction and ongoing staff training, and is published where all staff can readily access it at all times.
- Our customer service policy is clearly articulated in our sales process and published where our clients can see it.
Want more best practice checklists like this?
The BB4G BIPlan System has been developed by small business specialists to help small business owners survive and thrive.
- Assess your business against the checklists
- Uncover any gaps in your business practices
- Plan your path to business success.