Business Best Practice Customer Service
Customer service is often more important than price in driving customer loyalty. Review your business practices against best practice business benchmarks to identify gaps that may be holding you back or putting your business at risk.
According to a recent study, customer experience has overtaken price and product as key brand differentiators.
If you deliver poor service, even if you charge low prices you will lose customers. If you deliver better than average customer service you will not only retain customers for longer, but will be able to charge more.
Best Practice Customer Service involves meeting your customers wherever they are, treating them with genuine care and respect, and building exceptional customer service standards into every engagement with every customer without exception.
Best practice companies build strong customer service principles into their company culture and ensure that they are consistently applied by every employee, every day that they’re on the job.
Watch the video or review the checklist to discover the 7 key elements identified by leading Australian small business specialists that underpin best practice customer service in every business.
Business Best Practice Customer Service: The Checklist
- We have clearly documented customer service policies and processes across all aspects of our business.
- Our approach to customer service reflects our core values
- Our commitment to our Brand Promise forms a key part of our Customer Service Policies and processes.
- Our customer service policies and practices reflect our Brand Identity and match the expectations of our ideal clients.
- We include customer service performance indicators into the job description of every staff member, not only direct customer facing staff.
- Our customer service policy is included in our induction and ongoing staff training, and is published where all staff can readily access it at all times.
- Our customer service policy is clearly articulated in our sales process and published where our clients can see it.
What are Best Practice Benchmarks?
Also known as generic or process benchmarks.
As the names suggests Best Practice Benchmarking involves identification of best practices across generic functions, processes or operations, identifying the most effective operating practices from other businesses that perform similar functions.
Best Practice Benchmarking is effective across the full range of generic business operations: branding, marketing, sales, operations, financial management, technology, human resources, risk mitigation and strategic planning.
The Better Business for Good Company BIPlan System® is an example of Best Practice Benchmarking. Developed by a team of small business specialists the BIPlan System enables every small business to benchmark their business against over 200 individual benchmarks covering areas as diverse as brand identity, financial management, management of people and risk, customer relationships and environmental impact. Each item is important in their own right, some take longer to implement than others, but taken as a whole they help a business to become more profitable as well as a good corporate citizen.
Other types of business benchmarking include performance, functional, operational, industry and competitive.
Want to make your business more profitable, scalable and saleable?
Measure, manage and improve your business against more best practice benchmark checklists like this.
Developed by small business specialists, the BIPlan System is the most credible tool a small business can use to measure, manage and improve their business practices against best practice standards.
- Assess how your business performs against dozens of best practice checklists. Taking the Assessment alone will be a valuable, eye-opening experience.
- Compare your answers to best practice standards developed, tested and proven by Australian small business specialists
- Create and implement a customized improvement plan for your business with our best practice guides and the support of our business advisors and specialists to help you implement.
- STEP by STEP - Easy to Use - FREE Always.