About the Better Business for Good Business Advisors Alliance
A completely new model of business group
Information for business advisors, specialists, coaches and consultants.
- Are you a change maker, leader, educator?
- Would you love to help more businesses succeed?
- Do you want to help make the world a better place?
- Do you love collaborating with other business owners like you? (Because together you get stuff done.)
A completely new model of business group.
How the Better Business for Good Company used blue ocean strategy thinking to create a new model of business group for business specialists and advisors.
Click to learn more
BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY is the simultaneous pursuit of differentiation and low cost to open up a new market space and create new demand. It is about creating and capturing uncontested market space.
Blue ocean strategy is based on a four action framework
The Four Action Framework
The four action framework points out four key actions to take into account to refine existing products or services.
- Eliminate: What can you eliminate from your product or service that will reduce costs and/or client resistance? Think about things people typically don’t like about how things are done in your industry?
- Reduce: If you can’t eliminate something can you reduce it?
- Raise: What can you increase or improve that will increase the perceived value?
- Create: What can you add that will open up a new market space or appeal to a new audience?
Cirque de Soleil: The ultimate example of a blue ocean strategy
- Eliminate: No animals or star performers
- Raise: Artistic content, sophistication, premium prices, production quality.
- Create. A full show experience with upscale artistic value.
How The Better Business for Good Company used the four action framework
- Eliminate: We eliminated live meetings, attendance requirements, referral KPIs, elevator pitches and meeting presentations.
- Reduce: We reduced the time spent in networking style meetings, shifting the emphasis to action focused meetings.
- Raise: We raised barriers to entry. Only experienced, quality tested, values aligned business specialists and advisors can join the Alliance.
- Create: A Strategic Partnership Program. We implement and manage strategic partnership activities across the alliance. These include collaborating on creating business education and improvement programs and implementing shared marketing strategies. Collectively members reach more clients, add value to their existing clients and help make the world a better place. This is only the beginning, imagine what we can achieve together.
Watch this 2 minute extract of an interview where BB4G co-founder Brenda Thomson talks about how she used Blue Ocean strategy thinking to develop a completely new model of business group.
Creating better businesses for a better world.
Take the BB4G Business Advisors Alliance Quick Tour
- Who we are and why we exist.
- Who we’re looking for.
- How we work together.
- What are the membership costs and commitments.
- And if there’s a fit – how you can get involved.