Information for B2B businesses interested in becoming BB4G Better Business Advisors
What's special about the Better Business Advisors?
Approved Advisor Status is NOT something members pay extra for... it is a recognition of their high-quality services as demonstrated through ongoing participation in the Better Business Builders Community and the BB4G Customer Feedback and Quality Assurance Process.
How the Quality Assurance Process Works
In order to be admitted to the Better Business Advisor Network an applicant is required to:
- Survey all of their clients from at least the past 12 months using the BB4G Customer Feedback Form which includes a Net Promoter Score Rating
- Receive a minimum of 10 responses to their initial survey
- Achieve a Net Promoter Score of at least 50 for their initial survey responses.
- Implement an ongoing best practice Customer Feedback System that ensures they seek client feedback on a regular ongoing basis.
- Continue to maintain a Net Promoter Score of at least 50 on an ongoing basis.
What happens if an advisor only sends surveys to their happy clients and not their unhappy ones?
Our process is based on an honour system. We trust our advisors to survey all of their clients both initially and on an ongoing basis. However we understand that occasionally someone will slip through who does not adhere to our values of truth and integrity. That's why we have provided a customer feedback process for unhappy clients to let us know if one of our advisors is not living up to their commitments to the Better Business Builders Community.
You can access our customer feedback form here.
What's a Net Promoter Score (NPS)?
The Net Promoter Score is an internationally recognised measure of customer satisfaction. Essentially it measures customer loyalty to a product, service, or company. Typically the score is obtained through a survey that is sent to customers after interaction with a brand. The NPS is easy to gauge, since it is based on a single question:
“On a scale of 0-10, how likely are you to recommend our product/service/company to a friend or colleague?”
This is then followed up with an open question: “What is the primary reason for your score?”
How is the NPS Calculated?
Calculating the NPS is a very simple process. Based on the number that a respondent gives, they are placed into one of the following 3 categories:
Promoters: these are the people who have responded with a 9-10 score. They are very positive towards your product or service, and are very likely to recommend your brand to potential customers.
Passives: these are the people who have responded with a 7-8 score. These customers do not spread negative word of mouth, however, are not very likely to spread positive word of mouth either. The Passives are not included in your overall NPS score because their responses have a net neutral effect.
Detractors: these are the people who have responded with a 0-6 score. They are unhappy with your service, and are likely to damage your brand reputation with negative publicity.
To calculate your NPS subtract the percentage of Detractors from the percentage of Promoters:
(% of Promoters) – (% of Detractors)
How Good is a NPS of 50?
Based on the global NPS standards, any score above 0 would be considered good, 50 and above excellent while 70 and above is considered world class).
That's why we're so proud of the NPS of many of our advisors. Scores of 90+ are not uncommon!
What are the expectations on Better Business Advisors?
There are six key expectations on all BB4G Approved Advisors
- To live by our core values of continuous improvement; collaboration; contribution; and truth and integrity.
- To consistently and honestly implement your Customer Feedback System so that feedback received is a true reflection of the quality of your products or services and your commitment to customer service excellence and to maintain the required minimum NPS of 50 on an ongoing basis.
- To actively participate in the Better Business Builders Online Community, checking in at least once a week to respond to questions, comment on posts, contribute to discussions and engage with community members.
- To actively promote The Better Business for Good Company and the Better Business Builders Community by including the Better Business Advisor Badge and link to BB4G.co on your website and in your email signature.
- To actively support the Better Business for Good Company on your favourite social media channel by following The Better Business for Good Company page, regularly engaging with posts, and sharing with your network.
- To engage in our community improvement process helping us all to work better together, build better businesses and contribute to a better world.
What if my NPS falls below 50?
If your NPS falls below 50 for 2 consecutive months then your Approved Advisor Status will be revoked..
If your NPS falls below 25 your Approved Advisor Status will be immediately revoked.
What are the benefits of being a Better Business Advisor?
BB4G Approved Advisors are, first and foremost members of the Better Business Builders Community and receive all of the benefits of community membership:
- Collaborate with like minded business owners for goal setting, accountability, shared ideas, feedback and support.
- Your own BIPlan System® account where you can review your business practices, identify the strengths and weaknesses and create a long term business improvement plan.
- Regular Group Zooms and Lunch and Learn Sessions with business experts to help you implement your business improvement plan
- A BIPlan monthly Accountability process to support you on your journey to build a better business.
In addition, as a thank you and in recognition of your proven high standards of professional excellence and commitment to the Better Business Builders Community BB4G Approved Advisors receive the following benefits:
- A full-page search engine optimised listing on the BB4G Approved Advisors Directory
- A BB4G Advisor Label on your profile in the Better Business Builder Community
- A BB4G Approved Advisor Badge that you can include on your website, in your email signature block and in other marketing material.
- The opportunity to lead a Lunch and Learn sessions on your area of expertise or to be a guest on BB4G TV at least once a year.
- Membership to the Better Business Advisors Online Community where you are able to:
- Collaborate with other Better Business Advisors to create strategic partnerships and referral networks.
- Contribute to the Better Business Resource Library.
- Participate in our Industry Update process where Advisors share information on issues of importance to small business owners either through blog posts or through episodes of Better Business for Good TV.
What is the cost of Better Business Advisor Status
Better Business Advisors must be paid up members of the Better Business Builder Community.
Approved Advisor status is not something you pay extra for.
It is a thank you and recognition for your professional excellence and contribution to the community.
The cost of membership of the Better Business Builders Community is $33 per month or $330 per year.
How do I become a Better Business Advisor?
All Better Business Advisors are first and foremost active members of the Better Business Builders Community
Better Business Advisor status is NOT something you pay extra for... it is a recognition of your proven high-quality services as demonstrated through your ongoing participation in the Better Business Builders Community and the BB4G Customer Feedback and Quality Assurance Process.
To get started:
- Click the Apply to Join the Better Business Advisors Network Button below and complete the application form.
- On receipt and approval of your application as a Better Business Builder community member, you will be provided with instructions for completing our initial Quality Assurance Process and setting up your ongoing Customer Feedback System.
- Once you have successfully completed our initial Quality Assurance Process and set up your ongoing Customer Feedback system you will be provided with all of the additional benefits of being a BB4G Approved Advisor.
If you're already a Better Business Builder member you can apply for Better Business Advisor Status by contacting the Better Business Advisor Coordinator in the Community Hub.