About The Better Business for Good CompanyBetter Business - Bigger Impact - Together
Working towards a world where everyone works together to ensure no-one is left behind.
Working towards a world where everyone works together to ensure that no-one is left behind.
- We’re a social enterprise. We operate like any for profit business, paying wages and investing in all the things necessary to create great products and stay competitive.
- The main difference to other for-profit companies, is that we donate 100% of our profits to our Business for Good Partners: organisations which provide finance, training and support to assist individuals living in extreme poverty or under systemic discrimination to successfully start their own businesses, or to gain fair and equitable employment.
- We believe in total transparency and we’ll make our financials available on the website each year so you can see exactly how our funds are being spent.
- PLUS we’ll provide you with impact updates when they’re available so you can find out more about the work of our partners and the difference you’re helping to make in breaking down systemic inequality and lifting people out of extreme poverty.
Our Mission and Vision
Our mission is to help small business owners build better businesses and contribute to a better world.
We plan to do this by turning 100% of the profits we make from providing products and services to help small businesses in Australia thrive into micro-finance to help people in developing countries and in indigenous Australian communities start their own businesses and escape the poverty trap.
We’ve set a few goal posts to keep us focused on our journey and we’ll continue to update these along the way.
- By the end of 2020/21 we aim to have funded 100 micro-loans through giving Australian small business owners the insights they need to improve their business practices
- By the year 2022/23 we aim have expanded our operations outside of Australia and to have funded 5000 microloans
- By the year 2025/26, we aim to have funded 1 million microloans by helping small business owners around the world to build more profitable, sustainable and saleable businesses.
What we stand for!
As humans we all need connection to survive and thrive. In the Better Business Builders Community you’ll be able to connect with like minded business owners at a variety of both Zoom and live (when we can) events and in our supportive online community hub.
There’s a saying that it takes a village to raise a child. By working together we can support one another to build better businesses, better support our customers, and contribute to a better world.
We made the Better Business for Good Company a Social Enterprise because we believe that every person and every business has a responsibility to contribute to making the world a better place. We hope you feel the same.
Always striving for better… whatever better means to you. For us it means to continuously innovate and grow to build a better business, better serve our clients and our community, and contribute to a better world.
Better Business - Bigger Impact - Together!
'In the spirit of reconciliation The Better Business for Good Company acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.'